Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Halloweenies

Halloween is only a week away. Wendell recently discovered a Halloweenie photo op before the morning dew had dried:

Spiderweb

Halloween is a mysterious holiday, and it's really amazing how much has come to be associated with it. People decorate for it, and it's sort of combined with fall festivities with the pumpkins and Jack-O-Lanterns. Hope I can find my Jack-O-Lantern earrings I've had for years.

While visiting HR Optical in Somerset, Wendell and I agreed that everyone needs a pair of the Halloweenie sunglasses they had on display:

Jack-o-lantern colored glasses

My friend Chris recently shared a Halloweenie game with me. People who watch Wheel of Fortune on a regular basis will probably do pretty good on this. I'm not sure if I caught on or not -- I scored 70. Here's a few hints from someone who earned a high score of 430: "It's a matter of the most frequently used letters in the English language, plus the subject matter." (But she also admitted that she had help from Lee.)

Test your skills at Halloween Hangman

No comments:

Post a Comment