Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chapultepec Palace

Chapultepec Castle
Photo Credit: Beyond the Underground

A container of VHS tapes has been uncovered. It includes some of my favorite 1990's A&E TV shows, such as America's Castles and Bob Vila's Guide to Historic Homes. So now when I feel like it, I can be an airchair traveler or tourist. Today I viewed an episode featuring Chapultepec Palace in Mexico City. This is a castle I'll not likely ever visit, so I particularly enjoyed the show. It was full of Mexican history, going back to the Aztecs.

These videos were recorded before I even had a home computer, so surfing the internet for more information is an aspect of viewing I didn't have when I taped them. From what I can tell, A&E is no longer showing America's Castles, but my search uncovered lots of photos on flickr. Along with the program I saw, they gave me a pretty good feeling for what it would have been like to visit Mexico City's grand palace.

Chapultepec Stagecoach · by Luis Alberto Cantu on flickrChapultepec Terrace · by itinerantlondoner on flickrChapultepec Patio Garden · by javierdoren on flickr on flickrChapultepec Stained Glass · by harmonica27 on flickr

Chapultepec Palace postcard · by Savissivik on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment