Saturday, February 07, 2009

1845!

White Chocolate Truffles

Last year I gave some very strong hints about wanting some chocolate for Valentine's. I didn't have to hint at all this year, and I already have my chocolate, as in White Chocolate Truffles.

Lindt & Sprungli master Swiss chocolatier has been in business since 1845! It's hard for me to imagine what it was like for someone making chocolate candy way back then.

Their website states: "Our Master Chocolatiers have offered passion and meticulous craftsmanship to create the finest chocolate. Our dedication and appreciation of chocolate was enhanced when the Swiss Master Chocolatier Rodolphe Lindt invented the first melting chocolate in 1879 with the creation of the conche.

They describe their truffles thusly:

"Inspired by our secret recipe, our Master Chocolatiers have created a chocolate masterpiece: Lindor Truffles. This delicious Lindt Chocolate Shell enrobes an irresistibly smooth filling. Once you break its shell, the filling will start to melt, and so will you."

Their truffle bags are available in milk, dark, white and assorted. The bag began with 12 truffles and now contains 11. Don't you admire my discipline?

The company who made the truffles appeared to be very involved in the history of chocolate, which began with a drink and progressed into candy. The history of this company is very long and complicated, and you can read about it at Lindt & Sprungli master Swiss chocolatier.

I can't say I "dream in chocolate" as they suggest, but if you like chocolate as much as I do, I'll bet your mouth is watering right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment