Monday, November 23, 2009

Count Your Blessings

I wanted to share one of my birthday cards with you. As far as I can remember, this is my first birthday card that was also a Thanksgiving card. Many's the time my birthday has fallen on Thanksgiving Day, and I thought this was an interesting development. If you're unable to read the card as it appears to the left, just click on it and a larger version will appear.

I really like the kinds of cards Creative Communications for the Parish sells and highly recommend them to you.
At most churches I have attended, the congregation sings the Doxology, a song of praise, after collection of the offering —
Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavening host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
Marlow UMC, where I have been attending church, uses a song I was unfamiliar with for its Doxology. Not only is it a song of praise, but it's also a song of thanksgiving. Below is a long version of the song as performed by Unhindered.
Give thanks with a grateful heart, Give thanks to the Holy One;
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ His Son.
And now, let the weak say I am strong; Let the poor say I am rich,
Because of what the Lord has done for us.
Give thanks, give thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment