Friday, February 05, 2010

The Bear

Well, I found the trailer for the full length feature film, The Bear, on YouTube. I saw this movie in the theater about 10 years ago. Even if I see a movie, much of the plot does not stick with me. Here's the info with the trailer.
The Bear 1989
Director: Jean-Jacques Annaud
Novel by: James Oliver Curwood
An orphan bear cub
A large bear alone
Two hunters in the forest
The views of animals
These are the four lines sent by Jean-Jacques Annaud its producer Claude Berry to explain the draft of his film. "After the War of the fire," explains the director, "I wanted to go further, try to convey the emotions common to all species of higher animal world. Avoiding that animals have behaviour modelled on those of men, affubl├ęs reasoning of midinette, with a voiceover to explain what happens."

Below is the trailer:

Since I had seen the feature film in the theater, when I watched the scene shown on YouTube that someone sent me via email, I knew some of the outcome, but it was still such an exciting segment, I wanted to share it also.

Each time I watch it, I still find it spellbinding.

2 comments:

  1. LIVING ... MAEDEANS STYLE wrote:
    Even if I see a movie, much of the plot does not stick with me.
    _________________________________________

    I've noticed my habit of seeing movies, then a year later I can't recall anything about them, nevermind the plot. This is the case with The Bear. I recall that we rented it after a friend recommended it, and that I liked it, but as I watched these two videos it was as though I'd never seen it.

    I'm fixinta re-join NetFlix. This will be the first movie I add to my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of movies, AMC played Dances With Wolves last night 7 til 11 in honor of its 20th anniversary. Although DWW is long, AMC's commercial breaks are to blame for the four-hour duration. I learned that Sarah's never seen it, so it's on my list to buy instead of rent.

    ReplyDelete