Thursday, March 04, 2010

Lenten Reflection

This idea keeps popping up in my mind from time to time: I really think things might go better in this world if all of us had tails like dogs.

Here's the Lenten Reflection I found for today on the website for Wells Memorial United Methodist Church.

For March 4

Dog
For the Lord is good, and his love endures forever,
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Psalms 100:5



Several months ago I got an email from a church friend. The subject line was I see God in dog.

This friend knows that I absolutely, deeply and madly love dogs. I am a person who doesn’t think that my dog Duncan is a little person. I know that Duncan is a little dog who is there every time I come home at the back door. He makes this little snorting and snuffling sound when he hears the key in the back door lock.

Every single time I come home he is happy to see me. There is no recrimination as to why I was gone so long. Or where did I go. It is just joy at my return.

That is how God is. He is always there waiting for me when I return home. He is always happy and joyful that I have returned to him and he embraces me when I open and walk through the door.

Thank you, church friend, for sending me that email, as I truly see God in dog.

Prayer

Thank you, Lord, for the love you give to us
through creatures great and small.


Thought for the Day: God’s faithfulness continues. Does ours?

— Ann Herlihy



I came across this dog video last September:

God and Dog
LIVING... MAEDEANS STYLE

No comments:

Post a Comment