Thursday, May 06, 2010

What Is A Magnolia?

Magnolia Bloom

Although I haven't seen the movie, I wanted to know where the title came from. I read enough about it to become totally confused. Apparently the writer and director Paul Thomas Anderson started to get ideas for Magnolia during the long editing period of Boogie Nights (1997), and he had the title of Magnolia in his head before he wrote the script. Anderson also did research on the magnolia tree and discovered a concept that eating the tree's bark helped cure cancer.
And best of all ...
It is a sweet little almost two-year-old great granddaughter whose parents are from Louisiana and Mississippi and chose her name to honor their native states — and we all call her Maggie.


2 comments:

  1. She doesn't throw that ball like a girl, does she? Perhaps a competitive characteristic may have been passed on to her through her genes. Come to think of it, even I am competitive when it comes to participating in sports, but I don't seem to care about competition in playing games and such. Instead I like mindless games that require very little concentration. It's a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post ...

    I LOVE THIS POST!

    ReplyDelete