- It is a tree and the flower of the tree and this variety has been named Magnolia grandiflora.
- It is the Louisiana State Flower.
- It is the Mississippi State Flower.
- It is the 1999 feature movie entitled MAGNOLIA.
Although I haven't seen the movie, I wanted to know where the title came from. I read enough about it to become totally confused. Apparently the writer and director Paul Thomas Anderson started to get ideas for Magnolia during the long editing period of Boogie Nights (1997), and he had the title of Magnolia in his head before he wrote the script. Anderson also did research on the magnolia tree and discovered a concept that eating the tree's bark helped cure cancer.And best of all ...
- It is a sweet little almost two-year-old great granddaughter whose parents are from Louisiana and Mississippi and chose her name to honor their native states — and we all call her Maggie.