Monday, August 02, 2010

KISS*

Where did I learn about KISS? I wonder...

I did prove to myself that I wasn't dreaming – it was related to duplicate bridge conventions when I found Tommy Solberg's bridge blog and his post: The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Conventions. As he reports, *KISS stands for Keep It Simple Stupid.

So far you still do not even know what this post is about, but I will reveal now that our youngest daughter is the blog expert who has passed on to me more than once that each blog post should be about one subject. In this context, *KISS means Keep It Separate Stupid.

What I wanted to share today concerns the really weird weather day we experienced in Lower Alabama. For over two hours, there was audible thunder, which I believe I have determined was a weather system that was just along the area of the Florida-Alabama line on the Gulf Coast that was moving south out into the Gulf. The outside temps dropped from 97 to 82 degrees during this time, which resulted in our screened porch going from a sauna to a very nice place to relax around 7 PM. During this time we could hear thunder while at the same time it was quite dark outside and only sprinkles of moisture were dripping off our roof. I had to comment on this because it is so totally different from any weather I have ever experienced before.

On seeing the Pensacola News weather on television, it looked like their weather was more dramatic as far as the sudden drop in temperature with them reporting a temperature of 79 at that same time period. The difference had to do with considerable rainfall in a short period of time.

Yes, the Gulf Coast in this area has been experiencing unusually high temperature readings to the point that it has been really too hot to enjoy going to the beach, even if you have a little hand-held fan you can use to spray cooling water on yourself. Generally speaking though, when one is right on the beach on the Gulf, at least a gentle sea breeze helps cool you.

1 comment: