Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Got My Pears!

click for recipeQuite by coincidence (and there's no such thing as coincidences) I was offered some big Sand Pears with the advice that I should use them just like apples and make a pie with them. I may try to work that in also, but I must make some pear honey with some of them.

Someone I used to work with at a bank in Jackson, Mississippi told me about pear honey. I call it Liquid Gold because it is quite labor-intensive to make but oh so good. It's not generally for sale in grocery stores, but I have purchased some at a local church's annual autumn bazaar in Gluckstadt.

I now have several recipes, but the one I started with is still the basis of what I do to make pear honey. Gotta get to it.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete