Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Things That Drive Me Bonkers Crazy

It's not often that I get on my soapbox, but today is one of those days. Here are a few thoughts I'm having today. Over the last few weeks, I have been adjusting to a new laptop computer with a new operating system. Where shall I start?


It would be hard to even tell you the kinds of things related to computers that drive me crazy.

I'm fully aware that all businesses related to computer technology are in it to make money. This may be the root of the problem – and probably is.

We've all heard you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Well, I'm just tired of being forced to learn new tricks, and to spend more money to do it. I was doing just fine before the purchase of a new computer. Now I'd just love to have my old computer without it threatening to crash at any moment.

I had no idea I would be in such turmoil just trying to continue to use my computer for things I enjoy.

Have any of you been there? Perhaps you only use your computer for activities that are not affected when you go to a new operating system.

Everywhere I turn now, I realize I've got to figure out a new way to do what I had enjoyed before such as manipulating photos or using a good word processing program, and on and on it goes.

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you didn't have to deal with this as well. I rarely have computer problems myself even when purchasing a new computer with a new operating system. I really wish I knew what caused these perpetual computer problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the computer people haven't got me fooled - I know whose making money, and it's not me.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/maedeans/5954158454/in/set-72157627231233028

    ReplyDelete