Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Akiane Kramarik painting Prince of Peace at age 8

In my previous blog post entitled HEAVEN, there was a picture of this in black-and-white in the book entitled "Heaven Is For Real." It was included in the book because the little boy who went to heaven was asked many times when he was shown a painting of Jesus if it looked like him and his response was along the lines of "not really." When he was asked the question as to what is wrong with this one (shown above), he replied, "nothing."





I have one more point to make in this blog post. My mind has been working overtime thinking about the book about Colton Burpo's experiences in heaven. And now I have this video about Akiane Kramarik's talent and where she believes her paintings come from.

As I thought about the two put together and also about the brilliant colors both Colton and Akiane refer to, I also thought about how Thomas Kinkade paints and that he is referred to as the "Painter of Light." His colors and way of painting are what I have referred to at times as just "too perfect," but when I think about his many paintings, I think I also see the use of color as well as light in a similar way to the paintings by Akiane Kramarik. Take a look and see if you might agree.


I do believe people have been blessed with many talents and that these talents come from God. At times I have wondered why some people have an unbelievable talent in the arts such as painting, sculpturing, music, etc. To go a bit further, I have the hope that some of my talents will show themselves in heaven.

Thinking further about "light," I recall the scripture in John 8:12 (New International Version)
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said,
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

So much I have read refers to the experience of moving to heaven as an experience of going toward a gloriously beautiful, radiant light. Doesn't it make you look forward to that experience, indeed!

1 comment:

  1. This is not related to this particular blog post but more to a problem I am having posting blog posts through two different browsers I use. I wonder if anyone else has had the problem. I can get alway through with a blog post, but if I am doing it through Internet Explorer, it will only save it and will not post it. Whereas, I can do it in Firefox, and it will do both. It has been happening frequently lately, which keeps me having to remember to not use IE when I am blogging. It did not used to be that way. It's a mystery.

    ReplyDelete