Monday, September 03, 2012

Relaxing Armchair Travel

This is Labor Day. It has not been a typical Labor Day Holiday, but it has been enjoyable.

In the past, when I see something to share that I can imagine being something I would enjoy in person, I sometimes have a strong urge to share it and play "Let's Pretend" or some version of it.

Today, our daughter, Carla, called to tell us the TV Travel Channel had a program on the Black Hills and we turned on the TV and watched it. Most of the places covered in this program were places we had visited during the summer of 2007. It was nice to see an excellent TV documentary on such places as:
Custer State Park
Grand Tetons
Mount Rushmore
Yellowstone

Then later on we received a video that I would have to say, in its on way, it is better than actual travel. Only professional nature photographers have the chance to get the scenes you will see in this video. That's what I am prompted to share with you by armchair travel.

The video description:
Video by Scott Mckinley Productions, Produced for Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation for Ad campaign. Licensed music by Kenny G.. This short video won Grand Prize - Best of Show at International Wildlife Film Festival in Missoula Montana! The majority was shot on location in Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park and The National Elk Refuge in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.



To finish the day out, we went to a place where the tourists don't go -- Kelsey's -- where they had food served because it was a holiday.

It was a beautiful day, and that suited us just fine!

1 comment:

  1. I loved that video! At times, I felt like I was in Alaska again!
    Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete