Monday, November 26, 2012

Finished Reading Fannie Flagg Books


I feel good about having read all of Fannie Flagg's books. There are some recipe books that I would be foolish to read since I rarely cook.

I first read Can't Wait to Get to Heaven , published in 2006, and proceeded to read the others, which were:






Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man (1983)
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe (1987)
Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! (1998)
Standing in the Rainbow (2002)
A Redbird Christmas (2004)
I Still Dream About You (2010)


Now I need to get caught up on reading John Grisham books. I have purchased both of his recent books that are waiting in the wings for my perusal.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've read Standing in the Rainbow. Is I Still Dream About You set in Birmingham? If so, I have read it, and the others (except the one I mentioned, of course!).

    John Grisham is a good writer, I've read a couple or three of his books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nancy, I Still Dream About You is set in Birmingham. Hope she writes and publishes another book soon. BTW, I'll donate the two Grisham books to the Foley Library because they are my source for most of my reading. Checked the availability of Chesapeake by Michener, which is what I have in mind after the two Grisham books, and it looks like I'll need to go to one of the other Baldwin County libraries for it. I have read other books that were fiction about that region in the past. I may try to read all the big books Michener has written before I start on another author. I've reached the point now that I just may rely on Facebook and Reading as my outlet.

      Delete
  2. Fannie Flagg has out a new book now that I intend to read after four books I have already that I'm reading on -- All Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion: http://www.amazon.com/All-Girl-Filling-Stations-Last-Reunion/dp/1400065941/ref=sr_1_1/176-4052761-1512312?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385386657&sr=1-1&keywords=fannie+flagg+new+book

    ReplyDelete