Friday, February 07, 2014

Breakfast Food

I suppose everyone has food memories and possibly even associate certain foods with certain people.

This was our breakfast cooked today by WDS.  On the left is Taylor Ham.  It's made in New Jersey, and the first time we knew anything about it, was because we had a friend from New Jersey, Larry DelPlato, who talked about.  Only recently have we been able to purchase it.  As you'll see from reading a Wikipedia article on it, it's actually called  Pork Roll now.

I ate my first French Toast when I was a child.  It was prepared by my Aunt Edna from Washington State.  Seems like another eating habit in their family was using butter instead of mayo or some other sandwich spread on sandwiches. 

It's really pretty interesting to learn different eating customs from different parts of the country and different ethnic groups.

As time has gone by, I have realized I led a very sheltered life as far as food was concerned. So many of the foods I came to love I had never tasted until I was grown.  You have to understand that many families did not eat out and there were no fast food or franchised chains those many years ago.

To give you an example, I had my first pizza, Italian food, Mexican food, and on and on the list goes, after I was grown and pretty much out on my own.

I'm not as much of a food addict as I am an internet addict, but I do enjoy eating good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment