Friday, October 21, 2016

Social Security


Recently received a letter from Social Security.  The letter came from the Southeastern Program Service Center in Birmingham, Alabama.  It mentioned a Claim Number and began:

"We are writing to you about your Social Security benefits.

"What You Should Know"

"We changed your monthly benefit to $17.50 as of May 2016.  We found that your prior amount was incorrect."

Just let that much sink in and think about what you would think if you received such a letter.

It was not what I was thinking when I reached that point in the letter. 

I called by phone and found out there had been a change in my Social Security and this was not a letter delivering dire news to me. 

Note: Since this is, after all, a personal matter, I'll not go into it any further, but I just wanted to share it.  And, by the way, I just like to start my blog posts with an image of some kind.  The letter did not have this image at the top of it.  Yes, I was just trying to grab your interest.  Don't expect me to go any further except to say, every "little" thing is fine and the Social Security Representative set my mind at ease over the matter.

END OF BLOG POST

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that your mind is at ease now. Alarming news, indeed! Prayers.

    ReplyDelete